How to win friends and influence people by using this pancake mix to make delicious Fluffy Banana Pancakes. This is extremely straightforward and all you need is basic kitchen equipment like a blender and frying pan, although you are advised to give your one a better scrub than ours (sorry about that). Anyhow add some raw Scottish honey to it and you have lots of lovely pancakes to share with your friends and family. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or just a snack. There’s nothing finer when you make your own food, you know all the ingredients that goes into your meal and you can control the amounts too. Just don’t eat them all by yourself (or if you do, spread it over a wee while). The pancakes will keep well in the fridge so you can spread them over a few days and then reheat them when you need do. Use your quiet time to make a double batch so that you have them ready for the busy mornings.
When you prepare your own food rather than relying on shop bought ready made meals you tend to eat more healthily naturally. You can vary the ingredients and find healthy substitutes. Plus it gives you the feeling of being in control and for many people acts as a stress relief.
Pancake mix for Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Makes four pancakes.
• 2 bananas
• 200ml coconut milk
• 4 tablespoons ground almonds
• 1 tablespoon raw honey
• 3 eggs
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender. Blend on medium speed until well blended.
- Melt half of the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan and cook until slightly dry in the centre and then turn to cook the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding extra coconut oil if needed. Serve hot with warm raw Scottish honey (if you can’t find Scottish honey, please substitute another one).
If you are looking for more inspiring ideas on light and lean Scottish cuisine then check out our YouTube channel.